Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding


An oldie, but a goody. I can watch this movie again and again. So I did, last night while folding laundry. I don't think it's a secret (if you know me) that I am not a Cameron Diaz fan. But I love her in this movie. I used to love her when she first started getting big. (ie: The Mask and The Sweetest Thing) Every character in this movie is lovable, though dysfunctional.



If you want a good laugh I recommend this. For the scheming, the antics, the humor that Rupert Everett brings. You fall in love with Dermot Mulroney every time he gazes into Julia Roberts eyes. And the part where he takes the ring off of her hand when it gets stuck? I swoon every time.


This movie has parts that are completely unbelievable, but they pull it off. One of my favorite scenes from that movie is when everyone is singing at lunch. (Click here to refresh your memory) The whole table starts up and there is even a man with lobster claws in the back swaying. It's big, but it's funny. My all time favorite scene is when those kids are sucking the helium out of the balloons at the most serious part and they start serenading them. I still laugh whenever I think about it.

I cry in the last scene EVERY time I watch it. This movie has heart. I love it. One of my top chick flicks for sure. Perfect choice if you want to curl up, eat some ice cream, and laugh. I'm sure you've seen it, but if not rent it!

Caitlin
Well I have to agree with Caity on this one. I too can watch this movie over and over. All the scenes just bring a smile to my face. I especially love the scene in the ladies room of the ballpark where Julia and Cameron have it out and the women in the background that keeps calling out Kimmy. Ah, good times. And if this movie doesn't make you want to sing karaoke then none ever will. Watch it once and you will want to own it, I do. Yes that's right I own a chick flick, now you know my secret shame!
Eric

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love this movie!

Lindsey said...

I WILL LOVE THIS MOVIE FOREVER AND EVER!!! HA HA! DANG THAT WAS FUNNY!!!J/K BUT I DO LIKE THIS MOVIE A LOT