Thursday, July 10, 2008

Across the Universe (sountrack not movie)






If you are a Beatles fan (which I am) then you will love this soundtrack. The movie? Maybe not so much. But the music is seriously fabulous. The artists voices are stellar and each song is pretty different than the one before it.

My favorite songs from the soundtrack include..

I Wanna Hold Your Hand by: T.V. Carpio
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite by: Eddie Izzard
Hey Jude by: Joe Anderson and Angela Mounsey

When we went to see this movie, I just kept looking at the people I was with and saying "Wow! This music is awesome! They are all so talented." This is the best Beatles tribute since the I Am Sam soundtrack. Give it a listen.

Caitlin


I am with Caity on this 100%. I love the Beatles, as most do, and this is one of the better cover albums that I have heard. When I first heard the soundtrack I couldn't believe how powerful Evan Rachel Wood's voice was, I mean the girl is tiny, but her voice is big!

Some of my favorites are: Happiness Is A Warm Gun, All My Loving, It Won't Be Long and...ah who am I kidding, I loved the whole thing. Don't believe me? Check out my iPod's most played list here and see how many songs from the soundtrack make an appearance. If you are a Beatles fan, or a fan of Music, do yourself a favor and check this one out.

Eric

No comments: