Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ironman


Okay, I know this movie came out awhile ago, but looking at movie listings this past weekend I found that it was still playing in some theaters. So if you haven't seen Ironman yet, you really need to see it on the big screen.

Ironman is one of my favorite movies this summer, or year even, right up there with Wall-E. I think the reason that I liked this movie as much as I did is because I went into it not really thinking I would like it and was very pleasantly surprised that I liked it as much as I did.



The cast here, led by Robert Downey, Jr., is the perfect cast for this movie. After seeing the movie, Robert Downey is the only actor I could imagine playing millionaire turned superhero Tony Stark. Gwyneth Paltrow plays Tony's assistant Pepper Potts and I must say that I enjoyed her character here quite a bit and she added a little comedy to the otherwise action packed movie. That is not to say that hers were the only comic moments in the movie, but I just enjoyed them.

The whole movie just comes together so well that I have to give credit to director Jon Favreau, who as a fan of the comic book series makes sure that the movie did not spiral into a giant mess, which it easily could have given its comic book past. In my opinion Ironman solidifies Favreau as a great director (see Elf, Zathura), and was pleased to read this weekend that Favreau and Downey have signed onto Ironman 2.

I strongly recommend that you see this movie on the big screen while you still can. It really is one of the best movies this year. Overall Grade: A-

The only thing different I would say, was it was very much a "boy movie". I liked it a lot and I have a lot of friends who are females who loved it. I just felt like sometimes it was sort of intense. That being said. I really liked it. Definitely one worth seeing on the big screen.

Caitlin

No comments: