Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No Reservations



I was at my parents house this past weekend and they had Redboxed (yup its a verb) No Reservations, so I thought I would give it a watch. Now like most movies of its kind the plot is about as predictable as a phone book, by that I mean you know what is coming next and will not be surprised by any of it.


But luckily for this movie it has a cast that manages to keep you intrigued even though you know what is going to happen. I have been a fan of Catherine Zeta-Jones since Entrapment and Aaron Eckhart plays a much different character here than he does in The Dark Knight but likable still the same. Then for good measure they throw in Abigail Breslin who made it big in Little Miss Sunshine and Signs and is the glue that holds all the characters together.


If you ever find yourself getting sucked into the Food Network you will most likely enjoy the cooking aspects of No Reservations. Sure the plot is shockingly predictable but in this case if it were anything else it would most likely leave a bad taste in your mouth. This is a good rental if the movie you went to the store for is all checked out and you want to see something new.

-Eric

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I LOVE FOOD SO I'M GOING TO CHECK IT OUT!!!THANKS SO MUCH!!

MisterE said...

I too love food. You will have to let me know if you liked this movie.