Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight



I am sure that most of you have heard all the hype about this movie and I can say that it lives up to all of it. If you liked Batman Begins you are sure to like The Dark Knight.

The cast here is amazing and Heath Ledger is fantastic as the Joker. If I didn't know he was in this movie there is no way I would have guessed that this was the same actor as the one in 10 Things I Hate About You. Christian Bale continues to make up for all the past Batman's by making him a complete, complex character. Gary Oldman impresses as always as Gordon and has a bigger part here then in Batman Begins. And then there is Morgan Freeman who is great in just about anything. Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal are new to the franchise and fit in perfectly with the above named cast.

I am not going to get into specifics here because I really think you need to see this movie for yourself and come to your own conclusions. I loved it. But know going in that it handles much darker material then Batman Begins. And at almost three hours long, make sure your theater has comfy seats (I recommend the District) and go for the small drink (you don't want to leave for potty breaks). One last thing. There is nothing at the end of the credits so you don't need to stay unless you want to.

Eric



I loved this movie. So much in fact that I would call it my favorite of the year. Not only that, I think that we have found the most intense movie since Bourne Ultimatum. This whole movie I was on the edge of my seat.

Heath Ledger is the best villain to hit the big screen for me. The acting in this movie is unparalleled. This movie is dark. Really dark. I wouldn't take the kids to this one.

I had nothing bad to say for this movie. Loved! If you weren't one of the million people to have seen it this weekend. Go see it! Now.

Caitlin

2 comments:

Reesa said...

I just love that you guys have created this blog! I check it every day to see what you recommend. I have been very excited about the new batman movie and after your reviews I am doubly excited. Keep up the good work!

Jess said...

Yay! Definitely my fav of the year! Thanks for the fun!