Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cash Cab

As anyone who knows me will tell you, I am addicted to the Discovery Channel. And with shows like Cash Cab, how could I not be.

Cash Cab is exactly what it sounds like. Your ride in a cab turns into a sort of Jeopardy on wheels, only with easier questions. You enter the cab and the first thing that tells you this is no ordinary cab are the lights built into the roof. Then host Ben Bailey lets you in on the secret, you have entered the Cash Cab. For every question you get right money is added to the meter. At the end of the ride you can take the money you have earned or go double or nothing on a video bonus question. But getting to the end is a little tricky as you have three strikes and then you're out and have to find another way to your destination. As the ride progresses the questions get harder and harder. The key to winning this show is making sure you use your two lifelines; the mobile shout out, where you can call anyone you want for help or the street shout out, where you have to rely on people passing on the street. I have seen too many folks get the old heave ho without using either of their lifelines.

If you are looking for a show that has an ever changing cast of characters and will broaden your trivial knowledge, then Cash Cab is for you. Look for it on Discovery.



Eric
I totally agree, Cash Cab cracks me up. I love how the host is driving and asking questions at the same time. The best is when the people first get into the cab and the lights go off and people freak out. I enjoy the show, but can only watch it for a short time with out getting slightly bored. I feel sorry for people who don't have the Discovery Channel!
Caitlin

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I LOVE THE SHOW BUT DANG I'M DUMB!!! THE QUESTIONS ARE SUPER HARD SOMETIMES!!

Kim said...

Enjoy the Cash Cab but LOVE Verminators and Deadliest Catch...and sometimes Dirty Jobs! I too am addicted to the Discovery Channel.

Lindsey said...

OO YEAH I WOULD LIKE TO GET DIRTY WITH MIKE ON DIRTY JOBS!!! HA HA!!
LOVE YOU KIMMIE!!

MisterE said...

I haven't gotten into Deadliest Catch, but I love Man vs. Wild, Smash Lab, Mythbusters, and Dirty Jobs. I think Mike Rowe is one of the funniest people on the planet. Some of the jobs that he has (gets?) to do are way out there, but I bet it would be a blast to work on that show.

Kim said...

Well he says they are always hiring cameramen...can't keep em' on staff.