Monday, July 7, 2008

Wanted



I saw Wanted this weekend and I have to say that I really liked it. I should also say that this movie earns it's R rating, so if that is a deterrent to you, consider yourself warned.


The thing I liked most about Wanted was it's dark sense of humor. For those of you who don't know, Wanted is about a fraternity of assassins led my Sloan, played by Morgan Freeman. When one of their top assassins is taken out by a rouge agent, they recruit the assassins son to track down the rouge agent. Wesley the son, played by James McAvoy, is at first hesitant to join the fraternity. But after some training and mentoring by Fox, played by Angelina Jolie, he reconsiders.


The cast really makes this movie, even if you are not a Jolie fan you can't not like her here. She just looks like she is having fun and fits the part of Fox to the letter. McAvoy is believable as an account manager turned assassin and holds his own, not only against Jolie but against Freeman as well, and is the true star of this movie. This may be because his character is so easy to relate too that you just can't help root for him.


Like I stated previously this movies earns its R rating mainly through violence and language, but if that doesn't bother you then you will be sure to enjoy Wanted. Overall Grade: B+
Eric

1 comment:

Jess said...

I think this looks so good! Good review!