Monday, June 29, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
But the two dancers I look forward to seeing every week are Melissa and Ade. They dance each routine given to them beautifully. I also felt pretty bad for Karla, because I think she was dancing right and Jonathan was lost and that messed her up. I haven't fallen in love with that couple though. For some reason I don't love Jonathan or his dancing.
My predictions for the bottom three tonight are:
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Then it was snow shoeing with a group date. This date seemed fun, she and Kiptyn got cozy (as usual) They definitely seem to have the physical chemistry down pat. He gets the rose on the date.
Then they had a rose ceremony and she sent home Tanner (um yeah finally) and Jake. It was obvious that Jake wasn't exactly her cup of tea, and she didn't want to string him along by visiting his hometown and then cutting him. Which is nice. Plus, let's be honest.. Jake was a tad cheesy. I don't think he means to be, but some of the things he says are a little too Hallmark-ee for my taste and apparently Jillian's as well.
The only other thing to note is Wes is being a douche. But let's be honest people. No one is out right that weird and mean to the camera. Here's what he's doing (I think it's safe to say) his manager probably told him he needed to me memorable. So he has to play the bad guy to get us all to remember him. I seriously doubt he really is just a bad guy. I mean obviously he shouldn't have gone on the show, but Jillian won't pick him so I'm not too worried about it. And ABC is in heaven with the plot and ratings so I guess everyone wins. Jillian knows how the show can be. And she will figure it out and there will be drama, etc..
It looks like Ed will be coming back at some point, and someone has some issues on the overnight dates coming up.. seems odd they are even addressing that, and it seems like whoever the guy is.. is going to have his dating life ruined when the shows over. Classic ABC. Don't get me wrong.. I watch the show.. so I am contributing to the ratings.. I just wish they would chill on all the hoopla. Just my two cents.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Star Trek: A reboot of a classic sci-fi series that I must say I never got into. That has all changed with the retelling of the crew of the USS Enterprise. We learn why and how the crew of the ship came to be there and what makes each of them tick. There are also lots of shout outs (I am told) to previous Star Trek shows for those who are not new to the series. A great summer popcorn movie that is really enjoyed best on the big screen.
Up: This may be the best movie of the year, it defiantly is so far. The story is king in Up and the animation is amazing. If you don't have a tear in your eyes during the first 10 minutes of the movie you may want to have your heart checked. And yes I know it is "just" a cartoon but really this movie has so much heart and developed characters that you really don't realize that it is a cartoon. Plus it is full of adventure, really it has something for everyone.
Friday, June 19, 2009
- Jillian needs to take it easy on the alcohol. On the snowmobiling date I was cracking up. She could hardly form sentences. When she asked Kiptyn if he liked her, it just made me laugh. If you have ever been around a drunk person, this is exactly what they sound like. Don't get me wrong, tip back a few, but don't get sloppy drunk. I just think she's a tiny girl, and probably can't hold that much alcohol. But to be fair, it looked like they had all had a lot to drink.
- Ed's gone. I loved Ed. But he will most likely come back as a surprise. I really can't blame him, it's not like he had any assurance she was going to pick him in the end, and his job is important too. Especially in this economy.
- I like Reid. I like Kiptyn. As for the rest of the guys, I am feeling sort of blah. At this point, I am wondering if any guys really have a girlfriend, or if Tanner just ran his mouth. And why isn't she cutting more guys?? This is feeling like it's taking forever!
So You Think You Can Dance:
- The night was okay, but wasn't as good as last week. My favorite dance was Sonya's Jazz Routine. It featured Melissa and Ade (two of my favorite dancers)
- My favorite girls at the moment are Melissa and Kayla
- BOO! I really, really liked Ashley. So far this season I haven't agreed with who they cut on the girls. It was a tough elimination considering all of the girls were strong dancers, but I think Ashley did better on her dance the night before than Caitlin. Oh well I still like Caitlin, and think she will do well.
- I kind of figured Max would leave, I agreed with that decision.
Friday, June 12, 2009
2. Especially at the beginning I think they try to eliminate couples together, rather than splitting them up and forcing them to get used to another dancer all over again. It seems like in the past that's how it's gone.
I would rather have seen Asuka leave over Paris, just because I see a little more talent in her. But Asuka also has that personality they love. I think all the girls are super good dancers though. I have a feeling all season I am going to be sad to see them leave.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
You know how Mia Michaels said during auditions this season that she identifies with male dancers? She said she has a hard time really connecting with female dancers. Well I think I feel just the opposite.
My eyes are always drawn to the female dancers. I think some of the best dancers from last night were girls. Though there were a couple guys that caught my attention too.
I was amazed at how well everyone did last night. Even the ones that the judges didn't love were still really good to me. I think I am going to have a hard time choosing which dancers are my favorite. But this week..
My top 5 favorite girls are: (in no particular order)
-Paris (I thought she did a lot better than they gave her credit for)
-Caitlin (no, not just because we have the same name :)
(Oops! That was six! See, I told you I thought all of the female dancers were incredibly good)
My top 5 favorite guys are: (in no particular order)
And my favorite dance this week was: Tabitha & Napoleon's dance with Jeanine and Phillip (When Phillip did that body roll thing on the piano solo, I about died.)
(I also loved Tyce's "I Only Have Eyes For You" dance as well as Mandy Moore's contemporary routine. When they both leaped together... are you kidding me? Seriously amazing!)
Man I love this show!!
Who do you think the first couple to be eliminated will be? I don't have any idea. I guess if I were to choose tonight it would probably be Tony (he's just not as strong as the other dancers, and I have no idea who the girl would be?? Maybe Asuka? But I thought she did really well, so I really have no idea.) What do you think?