Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Guitar Hero (three)



We had a request to review games. So what better to start with than Guitar Hero? This game spread like wild fire! I don't know anyone who hasn't tried this game. Heck, my mom and dad have tried it!


The games support individual play as well as cooperative and competitive modes for two players. Plan on buying another guitar, as it usually only comes with one. The guitar acts as your controller. I would go the wireless route with your guitar. I am not sure if they even sell them with the cord anymore. Just make sure you ask the sales person which guitar holds up the best. That's what we did and we have been very satisfied.


Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock was released in late 2007 for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, and Mac platforms. I have only played it on the Wii and Play Station. (though I am sure to try it on the XBox soon since my husband is getting one. Thus continuing his video game addiction)


I am a big fan of the third installment. It seems the most advanced. The funnest to play. And it has the most recognizable songs. I haven't tried the Aerosmith yet, but I am sure it will be fun, if you are a fan of the group.


This is a good choice for children and adults. My husband and I are addicted to it. The great thing is, if you practice anyone can get it. Plus kids are really quick to learn it. We usually pull it out for parties. This is a good choice for the whole family.


Caitlin

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE NINTENDO DS ONE???? OR PLAYED IT?? IT JUST CAME OUT LAST WEEK IT IS PRETTY PRICEY SO I DON'T WANT TO BUY IT IF IT SUCKS YA KNOW!!THANKS

caitlin said...

Hey Linds. I read a review page for it. 91% of those that reviewed it loved it. I have never played it but it looks totally different! I wonder if you could try it before you bought it? Anyway, good luck!

MisterE said...

I haven't played this on the DS, as I don't have one hint hint, but from the ads it looks like fun. My thought is that I would get it for the DS if it was my only gaming choice.

I have played Guitar Hero on the Wii, PS2, and Xbox. My favorite? The Wii is great because it is wireless and you can rock out but I have to say that I enjoyed the wired guitars of the Xbox. It just seemed that they communicated with the game faster and I hit more notes on time. But thats just me.

Lindsey said...

HEY THANKS!!! I WENT TO TOYS R US TODAY AND TRYED IT OUT CAUSE I WAS IN THE AREA.AND MY BOYS WERE NOT WITH ME TO BEG ME FOR IT.. IT IS FUN BUT A LITTLE HARD. I THINK I'M JUST GOING TO BRECK DOWN AND GET IT.. BESIDES WE HAVE A LONG ROAD TRIP COMING UP AND IT WILL KEEP THEM BUSY FOR A LITTTLE WHILE.. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!