Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Movie Musts

Okay, it has been a while since I have posted on any movies and since summer has now official arrived (according to the calender anyway) I thought I would list the 3 movies you really need to see this summer on the big screen. Here they are in no particular order.

Star Trek: A reboot of a classic sci-fi series that I must say I never got into. That has all changed with the retelling of the crew of the USS Enterprise. We learn why and how the crew of the ship came to be there and what makes each of them tick. There are also lots of shout outs (I am told) to previous Star Trek shows for those who are not new to the series. A great summer popcorn movie that is really enjoyed best on the big screen.


The Hangover: One of the funniest movies I have seen in a long, long time. You should know going in that this movie earns its R rating mostly via language but there are other parts that are defiantly not for the under 17 crowd. But if you can get over the rating The Hangover pays off with big laughs, and a story that keeps you entertained for its entire running time. You are along for the ride with a group of friends as they try to find their missing friend and remember what happened to them in the process. After getting out of the movie you will be planning your next trip to Las Vegas!


Up: This may be the best movie of the year, it defiantly is so far. The story is king in Up and the animation is amazing. If you don't have a tear in your eyes during the first 10 minutes of the movie you may want to have your heart checked. And yes I know it is "just" a cartoon but really this movie has so much heart and developed characters that you really don't realize that it is a cartoon. Plus it is full of adventure, really it has something for everyone.

2 comments:

he said/she said said...

Totally agree. Well I haven't seen The Hangover, but the other two are easily my favorites of the year. LOVED STAR TREK and LAHOVED UP!!

holli said...

Just a clarification on Star Trek, (and yes I am a nerd, I grew up watching that show. :)) the reason its fun to those of us who know the show is that it takes place in an alternate time to the "regular" old star trek. In the old Star Trek Capt. Kirk's dad was around when he was young but, due to Spock messing with that worm hole, it kicked everything into an alternate universe. I think it was a great way to revive the old show because they can do whatever they want, it's an alternate universe! :) I'm glad you guys do this, I find it fun to read! :)