Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Bachelorette

We start out this episode on a train going through the Canadian wilderness. Which I have to say was good advertising for Canada. I couldn't believe how pretty some of those views were. I liked that they were on a train, it broke up the monotony a little. The first date was a one on one with Robby. The date seems to be going okay, and then she gives him the boot because he's too young.


I think she is suddenly realizing it's getting down to the wire and she really does want to end up with someone to marry. So I can see getting rid of him. And honestly I never really cared for him either way.

Then it was snow shoeing with a group date. This date seemed fun, she and Kiptyn got cozy (as usual) They definitely seem to have the physical chemistry down pat. He gets the rose on the date.

Then it's a one on one with Reid. Who I really like and was glad to see him a little more. The date went well and she kept him. Apparently he's a tad OCD and a tad neurotic. He didn't bug me, and he seemed pretty funny.

Then they had a rose ceremony and she sent home Tanner (um yeah finally) and Jake. It was obvious that Jake wasn't exactly her cup of tea, and she didn't want to string him along by visiting his hometown and then cutting him. Which is nice. Plus, let's be honest.. Jake was a tad cheesy. I don't think he means to be, but some of the things he says are a little too Hallmark-ee for my taste and apparently Jillian's as well.


The only other thing to note is Wes is being a douche. But let's be honest people. No one is out right that weird and mean to the camera. Here's what he's doing (I think it's safe to say) his manager probably told him he needed to me memorable. So he has to play the bad guy to get us all to remember him. I seriously doubt he really is just a bad guy. I mean obviously he shouldn't have gone on the show, but Jillian won't pick him so I'm not too worried about it. And ABC is in heaven with the plot and ratings so I guess everyone wins. Jillian knows how the show can be. And she will figure it out and there will be drama, etc..


It looks like Ed will be coming back at some point, and someone has some issues on the overnight dates coming up.. seems odd they are even addressing that, and it seems like whoever the guy is.. is going to have his dating life ruined when the shows over. Classic ABC. Don't get me wrong.. I watch the show.. so I am contributing to the ratings.. I just wish they would chill on all the hoopla. Just my two cents.

I'm not convinced Jillian is going to find her true love and live happily ever after.. but I guess we'll see. Next week should be interesting. I have a feeling Michael might be the next one to get the boot.

2 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Great review and thoughts!

Connie said...

I don't think Michael is going to make it much longer either. I just get too much of a friend vibe when they are together.

I made up a drinking game for last night's episode and thank goodness I was drinking water or I might be dead today!