Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance


Wow~ what a night. Some amazing dancers, some amazing choreography.

You know how Mia Michaels said during auditions this season that she identifies with male dancers? She said she has a hard time really connecting with female dancers. Well I think I feel just the opposite.

My eyes are always drawn to the female dancers. I think some of the best dancers from last night were girls. Though there were a couple guys that caught my attention too.

I was amazed at how well everyone did last night. Even the ones that the judges didn't love were still really good to me. I think I am going to have a hard time choosing which dancers are my favorite. But this week..

My top 5 favorite girls are: (in no particular order)

-Kayla
-Paris (I thought she did a lot better than they gave her credit for)
-Caitlin (no, not just because we have the same name :)
-Ashley
-Melissa
-Jeanine

(Oops! That was six! See, I told you I thought all of the female dancers were incredibly good)

My top 5 favorite guys are: (in no particular order)

-Phillip
-Evan
-Jason
-Brandon
-Ade

And my favorite dance this week was: Tabitha & Napoleon's dance with Jeanine and Phillip (When Phillip did that body roll thing on the piano solo, I about died.)

(I also loved Tyce's "I Only Have Eyes For You" dance as well as Mandy Moore's contemporary routine. When they both leaped together... are you kidding me? Seriously amazing!)

Man I love this show!!

Who do you think the first couple to be eliminated will be? I don't have any idea. I guess if I were to choose tonight it would probably be Tony (he's just not as strong as the other dancers, and I have no idea who the girl would be?? Maybe Asuka? But I thought she did really well, so I really have no idea.) What do you think?

2 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

I loved it!!! I thought they all did well! I can't decide on favorites either. Loved the dancers, dancing, choreography. I could've dealt with less of Mary's screaming though! She gives me a headache. It's going to be a great season and I don't know who will be going home either...

P.S. said...

My tv was "rained out." I'm pissed! Your review is making me more and more determined to find it online though.