Friday, June 12, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance (Eliminations)


Well eliminations happened last night. I have to say I agreed to let Tony go. He was just the least experienced. But I wasn't gung ho about Paris leaving. I think even Nigel knew it was weird sending her home after seeing the solo's the girls did. But I think he kept Asuka for two major reasons.

1. He wants to keep Asuka because her own style is different, and he wants to keep the competition stocked with a variety of dancers.

2. Especially at the beginning I think they try to eliminate couples together, rather than splitting them up and forcing them to get used to another dancer all over again. It seems like in the past that's how it's gone.

I would rather have seen Asuka leave over Paris, just because I see a little more talent in her. But Asuka also has that personality they love. I think all the girls are super good dancers though. I have a feeling all season I am going to be sad to see them leave.

My favorite solo performance last night came from Vitolio. I thought he did a strong job, and was kind of confused as to why they didn't like it. These two got the axe last night. I can't wait for Wednesday!

1 comment:

STEPHANIE said...

I agree! I was ok letting Tony go but didn't want any of the girls to go. I'm super excited for Weds. as well. I wish it was Tues./Weds. like idol...