Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Brothers & Sisters


I have a severe problem when it comes to box-sets, once I start I can't stop. This does not bode well for my social life, but who needs a social life when I can pretend I am a Walker. Those of you who have seen this show know what I mean. I was hooked on this show right after the second episode aired.
Brothers & Sisters is the story of the Walker family and like any big family drama, laughter, tears, etc. all come with the package. There are seven people in my family so it makes it very easy to relate to the large Walker clan. No, my family is not as interesting, per say, as the Walkers but coming from a large family really makes me enjoy all the fighting and making up that goes on between the Walkers, it is strangely familiar.
I have watched season 1 twice and am now half way through my third viewing getting ready for the up coming 3rd season (Sun Sept. 28th). If you have not watched this show, I strongly recommend it. It has quickly become one on my favorite shows. I love the cast, even Calista Flockhart who some people don't enjoy shines on this show. The highest compliment I can give this show is to say that I would love to be a Walker or at the very least have them as my neighbors!
If you don't want to go out and catch up on the first two seasons (which you really should to get the full effect) then head on over to abc.com and at least watch the starter kit before the season premiere, which I know you will all now be watching. The Walkers are one family you will be glad to know.
-Eric

4 comments:

Amber said...

I love this show am also hooked! Nothing starts your week of better than this show every Sunday night!

Lindsey said...

I HEART THIS SHOW!!!! A LITTLE WEIRDED OUT BY THE WHOLE JUSTIN AND REBECCA THING HOWEVER.. THAT KIND OF DID NOT NEED TO GO THERE. BUT YOU KIND OF NEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. I LOVE HOW MUCH NORA LOVES HER KIDS NO MATTER WHAT!! MY MOM IS THE SAME WAY. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME BACK ON!! THANKS FOR THE UP DATE ON WHEN IT IS COMING BACK ON:)

Jess said...

I love the Walker's!! I think they should officially adopt us! (Gavin would remind me that they are fictional at this point!) Do you have seasons 1 & 2? I need to remind myself!

MisterE said...

I too look forward to this show every Sunday night and as a bonus it is on right after one of my other favs, The Amazing Race.

Yeah Lindsey I agree about the whole Justin Rebecca thing and I hope they don't rush to put them together it would be too strange.

And Jess, I have season 1 and 2 (thanks Tivo) on DVD. Season 2 comes out on dvd Sept. 23. You can also watch eps at abc.com.