Friday, August 15, 2008

Women's Olympic Gymnastics


Last night was an emotional one in women's gymnastics. It was the all-around competition, and I was biting my nails the whole time. It was a night with me staying up way too late to see who won the medals, and screaming at the t.v. Which had my husband making comments like "If the U.S. girls win are you going to scream and clap and wake me up?" To which I replied "Yep." I mean come on, it's the Olympics! So true to my word when Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson won the gold and silver medals I was bouncing in bed and cheering! In fact I cried when they played the anthem, because both of those girls are darling and deserved their medals, especially after losing the gold the other night. Hooray! Go U.S.!
Caitlin

1 comment:

Kim said...

Me too! I have been staying up way late to watch the Olympics. I can't pry myself away...unless it's a stupid event like boxing!
I loved, loved, loved it when her Dad hugged and kissed her and even he was crying! I thought she looked sincere when she was on the podium and I was happy that she at least tried to sing the National Anthem. I have been very dissapointed with our men swimmers...they don't even try to sing! I hope it's just that they are so emotional that they can't get the words out and not that they don't know the words!!!