Thursday, August 14, 2008

Harry Potter Movie News

I got home from work today and found this little bit of information: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince release date has been changed from this November to July 17, 2009!! I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!

Now I can understand moving a movies release date if the film isn't ready but that is not the case here. No Warner Bros., fresh off making truckloads of money from The Dark Knight, thought the movie would do better in the summer! To which I reply; It's Harry Potter, it is going to make money whenever you release it!

This really bugs me. Why you ask? Well because this was one of the few movies I was looking forward to this fall. Actually it was one of two movies, the other being the new Bond movie. Like I said before, if it was because the movie wasn't ready then by all means delay it. But when an exec at WB says that is not the case and he has seen the movie and it is great, then that just makes it worse. I want to see it too! Don't make me wait. I will pay five extra bucks, as I am sure a lot of people would, to see the thing in November. I guess I am just ranting because there is not much I can do about it and yes, I will still see the movie when it comes out in July. To help tide you over til then, you can watch the preview here. That concludes my geek freakout session for today.


-Eric

1 comment:

Angelm said...

I feel sad that they moved the HP next year. I am so excited to watch the movie. I like HP a lot and that made me watch in HD quality @ http://www.yayvideo.net the previous parts last week for a movie marathon. I can't wait for next year.