Tuesday, September 2, 2008

P.S. I Love You


Watch this one with a box of tissues. A FULL BOX! I am so grateful I didn't see this in the theatres, because I would have forgotten tissues, and I would have been a mess! It sounds funny, but I had to take breaks, because it was too much sometimes. And believe me, my husband was making fun of me. He kept saying "Why are you watching it!?" To which I replied, "Because it's good." And it was.

Based on a novel by the same name, and starring Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler, with a supporting cast including Kathy Bates, Harry Connick Jr., and Lisa Kudrow. Holly (Hillary Swank) is married to Gerry (Gerard Butler) who dies within the first ten minutes of the show, and the rest centers around her receiving letters he had written to her before he passed.

I think the reason why this was so hard to watch for me, was because I am married. I am sure it's sad for anyone, but I believe there is something slightly different in watching it when you think of your spouse in the place of Gerry. Plus I am an emotional girly sap. So the tears were a plenty.

If you feel like a good cry, and let's face it.. us girls sometimes do. This is the movie for you. It was very well acted and though some parts were slightly unbelievable, it was still great. Though it's mostly a drama, there are definite funny parts that will have you laughing out loud, through your tears of course.

Rent this one, but be prepared.

Caitlin

6 comments:

NYStateBeauty said...

This is exactly why I haven't seen it yet! I'm single so I'll be crying because I'm NOT married! lOl

I did hear it was a good movie so maybe one day I'll be prepared to watch it!

STEPHANIE said...

I will have to check it out when I have a night to myself.

Lindsey said...

THIS MOVIE IS FROM HELL!!! MY HUSBAND WAS THE SAME WAY HE WAS LIKE WHY ARE YOU WATCHING IT?? I WAS A MESS!!I'M NOT SURE IF I LIKED HOW HE DID THAT (WROTE THE LETTERS).I LOVED HER MOM IN IT SHE DID A GREAT JOB:0 IT IS WORSE THEN A TEAR JERKER IT IS A CAN'T CATCH YOUR BREATH CRY!!!!!

Jess said...

I LOVED this movie! And I sobbed--in the theatres by the way--and my mom even made fun of me! But, I really liked it! (I will admit, I am afraid to read the book since the movie made me cry so much!)

Anonymous said...

One of the movies that me cry so hard. Bad for me to say this but, I shed more tears in this movie that when my Grandma passed away.

Watch latest movies in HD @ http://www.yayvideo.net

Rachel said...

Just stumbled across your blog, great idea!! I loved this movie, and I also loved the book that it's based on. The author, Cecelia Ahern, is my FAVORITE author! If you ever do reviews on books, you should check out some of hers! My favorites are "if you could see me now" and "there's no place like here."