Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Prime


Prime is a comedy set in New York City. Rafi (Uma Thurman) is a recently divorced, 37-year-old career woman from Manhattan. David (Bryan Greenberg), a 23-year-old Jewish painter from the Upper West Side, falls in love with her. Rafi shares all her secrets with her therapist Lisa (Meryl Streep). Unbeknownst to Rafi, Lisa happens to be David's mother. And then the comedy ensues.

I love the feel of this movie. I feel like I am walking around with them, rather than watching it on a screen. This movie and not to mention it's soundtrack is fantastic. While it is only PG13 it has somewhat racy parts, so if that's not your cup of tea, I would skip this one.

Prime forces you to laugh out loud in parts, it also makes you aware of your emotions, and puts religion and dating into perspective and makes you contemplate how it would be.

My favorite part of this movie is the ending. It is simple and real. More movies should be this raw. It leaves you with my favorite song from the soundtrack which is "I Wish You Love": by Rachael Yamagata (listen to it here)

I recommend this movie more for the ladies than the men, but I still think a guy could be entertained by this, since it's not exactly a chick flick. I would also check this soundtrack out on ITUNES. Enjoy!
-Caitlin

1 comment:

Jess said...

Loved this movie!!! Soo funny & I love Bryan Greenburg!