Monday, February 16, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You


long.

depressing.

Okay, it wasn't my favorite. I think some people would like it. I'm just not that into this movie. It isn't what you expect going into it. And I am someone who read the book previously so it might be partly that too. The book was funny. I just didn't think the movie was. Did I laugh? Yes, I think a couple times. But overall, it felt long and I felt like they didn't portray women in a good light whatsoever.

They made most of the girl leads look like dumb stalkers. And the men, insensitive jerks. It could have been better, and maybe that's why I am being so harsh. Plus the plot between Scarlett Johanson, Bradley Cooper, and Jennifer Connelly was entirely too depressing. Not to mention a lot of the other plot lines.

I would recommend red boxing this one. Don't waste eight dollars. Also go into it with low expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised. The highlight of the movie to me was seeing Ginnefer Goodwins outfits throughout the show.

No comments: