Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Bonnie Hunt Show





I love Bonnie Hunt! So I was very excited to learn that she has a new show on and today, thanks to the magic of Tivo, I watched it for the first time. I guess you could call it a talk show but it reminds me more of the old variety shows, like Carol Burnett. It is just a fun time and very entertaining to watch.


I love the way Bonnie interacts with her crew, guests, band and audience. She just makes you feel at home or at the very least the home of a good friend. Plus she acts like your friend playing off of the things her guests say, joking back and forth with her crew, giving the band a hard time it all just comes together so well. The show didn't feel over rehearsed. It was just like I was dropping in and like any drop in you never knew what was going to happen next.


My favorite part of Tuesdays show was when one of her guests said he loved her set, to which Bonnie deadpanned "Thanks, it's a new bra!" I was laughing hysterically, joined in a few seconds later by the audience once the joke set it. It is things like that and the green screen, that you can watch on her website bonniehunt.com, which is why I love Bonnie. I was a great laugh after a long day. Bonnie has earned a season pass from my Tivo, no higher honor could be given! Check it out.


-Eric

3 comments:

caitlin said...

keep it on your tivo! i want to watch it!

Jess said...

I love Bonnie Hunt! I'm sure the show is fantastic!

Bonnie said...

i love her name. it rocks.