Sunday, September 7, 2008

Passport To Great Weekends

I am going to let you in on a little secret. I like to spend my Sunday mornings in bed with Samantha Brown. That's right, every Sunday morning I like to visit all the places Samantha does through the magic of TV.

For those of you who have not heard of Samantha Brown I will provide a little history, at least as I recall it. I discovered Samantha a few years back while she was doing the Passport to: Latin American, Passport to Europe, etc. As an armchair traveler I have come to love the places Sam has taken me and although I was not a huge fan of Sam's from the get go, she as consistently grown on me to where I can't imagine armchair travel without her. She has the girl next door quality and you can tell that she doesn't take herself too seriously. Plus she is not afraid to try new things, like interesting foods and drinks, that would give me pause before trying. She has become the person that I would love to travel with because she knows (or her producers) all the great places to go and things to try wherever you may be.




Well Passport to Great Weekends continues the themes set forth on her earlier adventures, only this time they are much closer to home, not to mention places that I might actually make it to one day. So far this year she as gone to Brooklyn, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Austin, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Miami, New Orleans, Los Cobos, New Hampshire, London UK, Washington DC, Wyoming, Cape Cod, and Los Angeles visiting each for three days and showing you the best things to do in that amount of time.

I can't imagine a better way to spend my Sunday mornings then with Sam. New episodes air on Thursdays but I never seem to catch them there. I usually catch the episodes on Sunday mornings and as a bonus there are two episodes back to back. A whole hour of armchair traveling, not a bad way to spend part of your weekend and the company isn't half bad either.

-Eric

2 comments:

caitlin said...

The funny thing is I was going to post on this same thing. Bob and I watched her in bed this weekend while she explored Brooklyn. And the one where she got tipsy in Miami. She cracks me up!

Jess said...

Gavin loves her! And, I will admit, she has grown on me and I do enjoy watching her.