Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rufus Wainwright


Rufus is a singer/songwriter that when he sings, makes me want to hop a plane to Paris, sit at a quaint table sipping my drink and watch the passer-by's. I love him.

A lot of people have told me they think he whines too much. He is whiny, but I like it, because it has a different sound. He not only sings but he plays the guitar and piano as well. Probably known best for singing "complainte de la butte" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. (click here)

But I adore him for his other songs. Sample my one of my favorites here.

If you like a different sound, Rufus could be for you. And that's the trufus. (Any How I Met Your Mother fans?)

Caitlin
I have fond memories of Rufus Wainwright. 10 years ago some of my friends had just started driving and we went on an adventure. The soundtrack to this adventure was provide by Rufus Wainwright and the song "Instant Pleasure". We would drive around and sing that song at the top of our lungs. Ah, good times!


I also enjoy his version of "Hallelujah", not to take anything away from the Jeff Buckley version which is a bit slower and drawn out then Rufus' take on it. Of Rufus' newer songs I really enjoy "Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk" and "California" they both always manages to bring a smile to my face and I wouldn't say either of those songs is whiney.

Eric

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yay for Rufus! I'm a fan!