Friday, June 27, 2008

Duffy



I know that I have posted about Duffy on my personal blog. But I can't help doing it. She is fabulous. I love how there is such a different sound to her voice. Most of you have heard Mercy I'm sure. They play it quite a bit on the radio. But the song that I am completely in love with is Warwick Avenue. (click to see videos). Everything about this song touches me. It's real, it's raw, and it feels like something you have been through.


The video is basic, but powerful. It's just a shot of her in the car singing. Some might say that it needed more, but for someone like me who loves simplicity, is was perfect. She is very honest with her singing.


She resembles Angelina Jolie, and she puts off a completely cool vibe. Her pipes are stellar, and she has what I love in a vocalist. A different quality. This entire album is worth the 10 dollars from ITunes. All of the songs are bluesy and soulful and will likely scrounge up some emotions while you listen.


If you like Blues, you will love Duffy and her cd Rockferry.
Caitlin

No comments: