Friday, July 17, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I will start off by saying that I really liked this movie and it made me realize that I need to go back and read the 6th and 7th books. The 6th book was easily one of my favorites as it sets up the final book. The movie, while staying mostly true to the book, leaves a few things out and adds a few things the book didn't have. Nothing major and I think this movie followed the book much closer then the 4th and 5th movies did. I really enjoyed the humor in this movie as it off set the darker overall theme of the movie and provided some much needed laughs. The cast, especially the kids, have come a long way from the first movies and while there were cheesy parts (come on who wasn't cheesy in high school?) they really did a great job of portraying their characters. If you are a fan of the movies I think you will enjoy this movie. It is easily one of my favorite of the HP movies (my favorite is still the third) and has everything a good movie needs; action, drama, humor, romance, danger, intrigue, etc. The movie is rated PG but I don't think it was any less dark then the 4th or 5th movies that were PG-13. The end of the movie sets up the final book and final 2 movies well and I only wish that I didn't have to wait another year to see the next one. That's the true sign of a good movie, leave them wanting more!

1 comment:

caitlin said...

That's how I felt about the Lord of the Rings movies, as well as the Bourne Movies. And I mean who isn't on the edge of their seat waiting for the next Batman?? Spiderman on the other hand, they should have just stopped!!

Glad you enjoyed your movie. Hope you're having fun on your vacay!