Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Bachelorette Finale

Glad it's over. This season felt like an eternity, and by the end I was just glad it was over. My only thoughts were:

- I guess it shows she does care a lot about Ed since she still loves him after those horrible tank tops and short shorts.

- Why was she sobbing when she let Kiptyn go? I get that it's hard, but if you are confident enough to get engaged to someone else, you wouldn't be acting like that I don't think. And I am sure ABC wanted to milk the Reid thing, but if I were Ed and saw the show, I would think "Hmm, maybe she just wants to get engaged, and isn't entirely sure about me."

I just know how sure I was when I got engaged to my husband. I would be sad to say goodbye to someone, but I sure as heck wouldn't be sobbing, and having to talk to someone else to help me decide. Although I can say that I have never been on a show like this, so maybe it's just a lot to take in.

- If Ed makes Jillian happy, and Jillian makes Ed happy, then good on them. I will still be utterly surprised if they end up really getting married. But you never know.

I am a tad conflicted about this show. I wish ABC wouldn't edit so much, and I feel like I don't really see what's going on. I also hate how cheesy they make it and how old people conveniently come back in the show. I get they have to make good t.v., but I feel like it's crossing into soap opera territory. I'm not sure if I will keep watching it. Can't wait for my fall shows to come back and I am loving SYTYCD and am excited I get to watch it in the Fall too!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe you don't love Ed's 'mankini' it's so flattering with his 'wife beater' tank top! How about Jillian's comment about how "Ed better not f@$%ing disappoint me" if that's not a screaming sign that she just wants to be engaged and it doesn't matter to who then I don't know what is!!!!! I give them a couple more weeks if they are even still together at this point!!!

STEPHANIE said...

I'm glad it is over as well. We were thinking they probably should've edited out Jillian's f&##*#@ comment. I'm curious to see the "after the rose" episode tonight to see if they are still together...