Sunday, March 29, 2009

Random Reviews

Since it has been awhile since we have updated the site, I thought I would give a few quick reviews on some of the TV shows and movies I have seen lately.


  • Castle-Mondays on ABC

Castle is your basic cop/forensic/investigative show. The twist here is that a popular crime novelist/single father is working with a female detective of the NYPD. The reason why, we are told in the first episode, is because the mayor is a big fan of Castle (the writer) and allows him to help on a case that resembles a scene from his book. After helping solve the case the experience allows Castle to break his writers block, thus leading him to a full time consultant role in the department. The show is somewhat predictable but there are enough differences from the other cop like shows to keep you interested. Overall not a bad show and the cast makes it a little bit better, especially the smaller characters.

  • Better Off Ted-Wednesdays on ABC

This half hour comedy is pretty funny and anyone who has ever worked for a big, heartless corporation can relate. It follows the staff of a big multi-interested corporation and the people who work in its research and development group. There a plenty of laughs to be had and the show moves at a brisk pace and the characters are all likable enough, even the boss lady, who you love to hate but love at the same time. If you need a laugh to break up your week Better Off Ted isn't a bad choice.

  • Rachael Getting Married-Now on DVD

I wanted to like this movie because I like Anne Hathaway and was interested to see her in a more grown up role. Sadly the movie takes itself way to seriously and it was just boring and dull. Sure Anne Hathaway does a good job and makes you believe that her character has issues, but in the end the movie takes too long to get its point across. Some of the scenes here just went on and on for what seemed like an eternity and it just felt weird and forced. I found myself checking how much time was left every 10 minutes, which felt more like 30 minutes.

  • Twilight-Now on DVD

Okay I didn't watch this last one since it has been out on DVD, but have heard way too many times during the last week that it was now out on video and thought I would provide my opinion once again. Worst vampire movie ever!! Sparkly vampires are not scary nor something to be scarred of. I know that a lot of people enjoyed this movie but I just don't get it. Its not well made or well acted and doesn't have any redeeming quality that I can recall. To those of you who enjoyed the movie, good for you! Just don't ask me to sit through it again...ever!

1 comment:

P.S. said...

Okay what was the point of Rachel's Getting Married? Seriously, what was the moral/theme?
Forgiveness? I still don't know what I was supposed to take away from that film. It was just SO depressing.
I felt horrible for the father. The daughters were selfish brats with really good style. I LOVED their home furnishings (the dishes, the chairs, the beds-i loved it all) and the dresses!