Friday, March 6, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I saw this one a while back but was so underwhelmed I haven't gotten around to writing it up until now. Now it should be stated that I went into this knowing it was a chick flick and therefore fluff which is fine. I can be entertained by fluff, I mean I like cotton candy and what is more fluff then that?


Sadly I was not entertained by Confessions of a Shopaholic. Maybe I wasn't in the mood to watch a girl who has way to many material things complain about how hard her life is when the bill comes. Being a grown up sucks, welcome to the club now you better get some of those things returned. Anyway off my soapbox. This was not the reason I didn't enjoy the movie, that reason is because the whole movie seemed lumped together in a hurry. Plots points are brought up and then resolved in the next scene without any explanation of how they were resolved. The cast does an admirable job with the material provided but in the end they couldn't overcome the tired story lines and standard chick flick plot. I don't mind chick flicks, really I don't, but I do ask that they be good. This one was not anything special and can be enjoyed best with a good return policy, I suggest Redbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, totally agree. I was in the mood for a chick flick, and this one... just sucked. *sigh* I shouldnt be allowed to pick our movies for AT LEAST 5 months... the last few I picked were pretty bad, lol