Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What I'm Watching-Television

I said I was an entertainment junkie and here is your proof. The following is a rundown of my weekly TV schedule. Thanks to the magic of Tivo I don't (and couldn't without Mr. Tivo) watch these all during their original air times, but I have listed them by when they air. Please no comments on how I need to get a life, I am already aware of this fact.

Monday
  • How I Met Your Mother-If you have watched since the first season you know why this show is great.
  • The Big Bang Theory-This is perhaps the most consistently funny show on TV
  • Chuck-It fills the void left by Alias but with a much lighter touch.
  • Castle-The cast makes this show and each storyline is tied up nicely by the end of each episode.

Tuesday

  • NCIS-I have been hooked this show since finding it in it's second season. There is a reason this is the #1 show on TV
  • NCIS:Los Angeles-Not as good as the original but it has promise
  • Lost-Best show on TV. Period. I am both excited and sad for this final season to end in May.
  • V-Oh, how I wanted you to be better. I am not giving up yet but this show needs to pick up soon.
  • Parenthood-I like parts of this show more then the show as a whole. Still undecided on whether or not to continue watching.
  • The Good Wife-Best new drama series of the year. Once you start watching you will be hooked.
  • Glee-Moving to Tuesdays next week (like I needed more shows to watch this night) Glee is just fun to watch. Plus it's songs will be stuck in your head for weeks on end.
  • Southland-TNT picked up this show from NBC. It deals with some dark and gritty material but is still a great cop drama that is probably closer to real life then anything else currently on.

Wednesday

  • The Middle-I have only seen one episode but it was funny and earned this show a spot on my season pass list.
  • The New Adventures of Old Christine-Another show that I was late to. This show is always good for a decent laugh or two.
  • Modern Family-Best new comedy of the year. I dare you not to laugh out loud once each episode.
  • Cougar Town-I wasn't sure if I was going to like this show at first, but it has gotten better with each episode.
  • Ugly Betty-Only a few weeks left until this show signs off and while this season has been better then previous seasons I am ready to say goodbye.

Thursday

  • Survivor-The granddaddy of reality shows. I was late to this one but must say that I am enjoying it.
  • FlashForward-I like this show but I just don't feel the need to watch it right away and there is backlog of episodes on my Tivo to prove it. Like V this show needs to pick up the pace.
  • Grey's Anatomy-I think I am watching this one more out of habit then actual entertainment. I like enough of the cast to keep coming back...for now at least.
  • CSI-This year I was able to finally quit the awfulness that is CSI Miami. CSI proves that crime scene dramas can still be good even 9 years in without resulting to murder in space. (That is when I said enough CSI Miami!)
  • Private Practice-Better then Grey's but that's not saying much. This show can get a little heavy handed at times.

Sunday

  • The Amazing Race-Best reality show ever!
  • Desperate Housewives-Still surprisingly fun in it's 6th season.
  • Brothers & Sisters- I love the cast of this show but they need to stop recycling the same old story lines season after season.
  • Life- As a huge fan of Planet Earth I was very excited for Life to start. And now I can say that I haven't been disappointed yet. HD TV's where made for these types of shows.

Okay, that sums up what I am currently watching. Are there any shows that you are watching that you think I should give a try? Disagree with my short take on some of these shows? Sound off in the comments section and let me know.

3 comments:

caitlin said...

Hmm, very interesting. I haven't seen the Good Wife, but now you are making me think I should. Synopsis please? I will post my t.v. addictions later today.

Kristen Van Sickle said...

Wow, I think our Tivo Seasons Passes are very similar! I have not given the good wife a try, not a huge JM fan. And Parenthood I just recently stopped watching. I couldn't agree with you more on both V & Flash Forward, we had huge expectations & I am not sure if they have followed through on that. We just spent the weekend catching up on our backlog of FF. It's great to watch them all together, no need to wait to find out what craziness happens next!
I noticed you do not have any Friday shows, Medium is fantastic, though the move to CBS has kind of left us wanting more...
CSI Miami, so painful...If I had to watch Horatio put his hands on his hips one more time i swear....
Just stumbled upon your blog & look forward to more reading! thanks, ~kvs

Jeanette said...

I think you covered most of my shows (and then some). I totally agree with you on "The Good Wife". Hands down my favorite new drama. And I love Chuck, too. One that I recommend that isn't on your list is Criminal Minds. It's in its 5th season, and I have loved all the seasons. A little dark at times, but very good.