Thursday, April 22, 2010

Movies, Movies, Movies



It's been awhile since I have reviewed any movies and I don't want you to think that is because I haven't been out seeing movies. I do it for you really! So, without further ado here is a quick rundown of the last 5 movies I have seen.


  • Alice in Wonderland- I saw this on in 3D and 2D and have to say I liked it much better in good ol' 2D. The colors seemed more vivid and the movie just seemed more real. As for the movie; I found it quite enjoyable. The story is a fresh take on the story that most of us know from the books or the animated movie. There are some fighting sequences that may be a little scary for the under 6 crowd but otherwise this one is a crowd pleaser.
  • Clash of the Titans- After learning that this was was converted to 3D at the last minute, and because of enjoying Alice better in the second dimension, I saw this one in 2D. This is best described as an adult Percy Jackson prequel of sorts. I say that because I had just read the 1st Percy Jackson book (and seen the movie) and haven't seen the original Clash of the Titans. This movie was okay, nothing great with okay special effects. Worth a rental or dollar movie viewing if you have to see it on the big screen.
  • She's Out of my League- I enjoyed this movie; sure it is crude and predictable but it has a new, relatively unknown cast that do a good job with the material they have been given. I should add a side note that me and my movie companion were the only ones laughing in the theater for the first half of the movie and this might have added to my overall enjoyment of the movie. It was almost like it was an inside joke that only we got.
  • Kick-Ass- This one turned out to be more of a violent action movie then I was expecting and the fact that it has teens and a pre-teen doing, and receiving, most of the violence it is defiantly not for everyone. I liked the movie because it was different from most of the comic book/superhero movies that have come out but if you are turned of by large amounts of violence and language this movie isn't for you.
  • Death at a Funeral- Another remake, this one of a British movie by the same name. Full of laughs and more enjoyable then I was expecting it to be. James Marsden steals this movie and really is the best reason to go see it. I would tell you more but that would ruin the fun. This one does have some low brow humor but overall a good laugh. It made me want to go out and watch the original just to see how close they are in nature.
Well there you have it. A quick take of five movies. Seen anything good lately? Let me know in the comments section.

1 comment:

caitlin said...

Loved Alice in Wonderland (I only saw it in 2D, but I loved it.)

Hated She's out of your league. There were definitely funny parts, but in a whole, I thought it was just lame.

Didn't see the other three. The only thing I would add to the list of stuff we have seen lately is Date Night LOVED IT and Hot Tub Time Machine. HATED IT.