Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance


Sorry life has been hectic. So I have missed posting on the first couple of shows. So a quick recap.

Billy Bell is off the show because of an illness. Luckily they are letting him come back next year. Noelle had an ankle injury. I was glad they gave her another chance to dance, and that they didn't cut her. I think she just needs to find her groove, and hopefully next week she will do well.

They replaced Billy with the Asian guy. Sorry, but I don't remember his name. He was fine, but I think he showed why they didn't pick him in the first place. He just needs a bit more experience. It will be interesting to see what he can do next season. He got cut the first week, but they are letting him come back, so it seemed like a good thing.

They also cut Ariana. It was sad because she was an amazing dancer. Her solo was killer. But someone had to go I guess.

Then yesterday they booted two of the tappers. Which I have to say didn't leave me that sad. I think tapping is really cool. You have to be really talented. But I just don't know how I feel about tappers on So You Think You Can Dance. I just don't know if they fit in. Especially in their solo's.

They cut Bianca (wasn't it funny how with Nigel's accent he was calling her Bianker?) and Phillip. I really liked Bianca last week, but this week I didn't love the dance she did. Phillip seemed nice, and they were both talented. But I was glad they kept who they did.

My favorite dances were Napolean and Tabitha's hip hop routine and Stacey Tookie's contemporary routine. I think all of the dancers shined in them. How good is Legacy getting? I am loving him. I also didn't think they gave Pauline enough credit for her dancing. She was so precise. I also laughed out loud when Ellenore did that alien thing. Too funny.

Overall I think the dances have been okay. I can't wait for a Mia Michaels routine. I think I didn't get into this week as much because it was a lot of ballroom stuff and a lot of the routines felt disjointed. That one where the Kate Bosworth look a like and her partner did that lift? It just felt awkward to watch. I am excited for next week.

Who are your favorite dancers so far?

2 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Great review!!! We think alike!

Jarrett said...

Hi,

Dancing itself is a romantic activity. When you dance, you are in close proximity of your partner. You move for and with each other. A truly romantic gift for Valentine Day is dance lessons for the two of you.