Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Amazing Race: Episode 6

The first part of the past week's episode had the teams take on a spy-like mission to paddle out to a yacht, retrieve a watch, then head back to their waiting team mate to open a briefcase that contained their next clue. Most of the teams figured out quite quickly that the time on the watch was the code to open the briefcase except the Globetrotters who seemed to have a hard time figuring it out and this problem quickly put them in last place. Once they opened the briefcase they found a detour waiting for them: Gold or Glass. In gold the teams had to go to a local jewelry store and weigh out 500k worth of gold. Only problem is the price of gold fluctuates my the minute so teams had to work fast to get the right weight to equal 500k. In Glass the teams had to assemble hookahs using all the parts in a crate and matching the examples of pipes already put together. Meghan & Cheyne who were in first the whole race choose the Glass detour and quickly set out on building their hookahs until Meghan let the frustration and the heat of Dubai get to her and left Cheyne to build the hookahs basically on his own. Brian & Ericka choose Gold and it proved to be too hard for them and after a few attempts they were off to Glass. The brothers and the Poker players continued to be a good team and the Brothers were smart enough to bring a calculator on the race but not smart enough to figure out how much gold they needed. Good thing for them the Poker players were there and used the bothers calculator to figure it out and help both teams move on. The Globetrotters finally getting their code to the clue showed up at the Glass detour and saw that Brian & Ericka were still there after two hours and quickly opted to try gold were they were smart enough to ask to borrow a calculator form a store clerk and quickly caught up to Mika & Canaan who were trapped at the top of a water slide by Mika's fear of heights, water, and what I can only guess is winning. I don't have any idea of how long Mika & Canaan sat at the top of the water slide but knowing that the pit stop was so close I don't know that I would have been as nice as Canaan or as understanding of Mika's fear, it's a water slide after all. Once the Globetrotters showed up Mika & Canaan had two minutes to go down before having to step aside and let the Globetrotters go. I was sure this would be all the motivation that Mika needed but that thought proved incorrect as she stepped aside and let the Globetrotters, and a chance at a million buck, go sliding by. Once down Canaan went down the slide hopping the Mika would follow but she never did and they walked to the pit stop where Phil informed them they were done. It's a sad way to go and I am sure Mika will hold onto that for awhile but it made for great TV! What do you think? Would you have been as nice as Canaan was about the whole thing? Or would you have dumped Mika right then and there? (For the record I think I would have pushed her down the slide hopping she'd forgive me later.) I mean you know what you are signing up for on this show! Do you think the Globetrotter's were out of line my taunting Mika before her two minutes were up? Or was it just good game talk? (I have no issue with it, it's just a game.) And will they be able to bounce back from last place in tonight's episode? Comment Away.

1 comment:

caitlin said...

I was screaming at the t.v. I could not believe her. If she were my teammate I really would have pushed her down the slide.

I think the Globe Trotters are just competitive. Sometimes they're obnoxious. I think my faves are the father son team and the couple who came in first.