Saturday, October 11, 2008

NCIS


If you, like me, thought NCIS was just an old persons show then you, like me, are wrong. I started watching NCIS half way through its second season. My parents watched it and one day I started watching it with them. That is all it took I was hooked. NCIS is not your typical CSI show and was a spin off of JAG, which I never watched, so going in I was a bit hesitant. But all that changed after meeting the NCIS team led my Gibbs, played by Mark Harmon. The thing that makes this show different is the chemistry of its cast. You just can't help but like the characters here and they keep you coming back week after week to see what will happen next.


I wouldn't say you need to catch up on the past 5 seasons to start watching and enjoying the show now, but I would definitely recommend it as you learn so much about the NCIS team. Each episode is usually based around some military crime or one involving a member of the military. That is after all what NCIS does. Now would be a good time to explain that NCIS stands for Navel Criminal Investigation Service.


Our team at NCIS is Gibbs (Harmon), Anthony (Michael Weatherly), Ziva (Cote de Pablo), McGee (Sean Murray), Abby (Pauley Perrette), and Ducky (David McCallum). The chemistry between the cast truly makes this one of the best shows on TV today. Lately this show has been doing very well in the ratings but it is still a show that not many are aware of. I am more then happy to say that I was wrong about NCIS and should not have judged it without having ever seen it. It is not just a show for old folks but one that can be enjoyed by anyone who likes good crime dramas. That is not to say that NCIS is as dark as the CSI shows, because it is most definitely not. The show has a sense of humor and is not afraid to use it. I suggest checking this one out if you haven't already done so. NCIS has quietly become one of my favorite TV shows. Find out why Tuesdays on CBS.

-Eric



1 comment:

MisterE said...

Tonight's eps was a prime example of why I love this show!
-Eric