Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eli Stone




Eli Stone had its second season premiere last night and I can say that this has become one of my favorite shows from last year. If you haven't watched Eli Stone, here is what you need to know.
Eli is your typical ruthless lawyer until one day he starts seeing visions. These visions lead Eli to start thinking that perhaps there is a higher being that is trying to use him to do good. The medical reason that Eli is having visions is chalked up to a brain aneurysm by his brother, who just happens to be a doctor, and it turns out the their Dad also had an aneurysm and visions. But instead of doing good the visions led their father to go crazy. Eli at first thinks that he will meet a fate similar to his father but then starts to pay attention to the visions and starts using them to help people. As you can imagine this does not go over to well at Eli's firm where he was once a top earner and now is doing pro bono work.




The way the producers splice the visions into the show is great and each episode has a lot of heart and character. The cast is filled with top notch performances by Jonny Lee Miller, Victor Garber, Loretta Devine and Natasha Henstridge to mention a few. This show goes from laugh out loud funny at times to inspiring, it truly is a good hour of TV. Here is just a taste of an average day for Eli Stone:






-Eric

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love this show. I really liked this weeks show. I like that he has accepted his ability to see and help people.

caitlin said...

I have only watched one of the episodes, but I laughed the whole time. I really liked it. I will have to make sure to watch it more.

Jess said...

Love it love it love it! I may be biased though because I do love Victor Garber so much. It makes me happy!