Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CSI:Miami


Dear Reader,
I need your help. I can not stop watching CSI:Miami, or as my family refers to it, CSI:Mondays. Now if any of you have ever seen just a glimpse of CSI:M then you know that it is cheesy, over acted and features over the top plot lines that make James Bond look tame. I have tried to stop watching but I always get pulled back in, darn you Emily Procter and your coy smile!!!
The real reason this show is laugh out loud funny/ so bad that it's good is the presence of one David Caruso. I don't know what it is but anytime he opens his mouth I find myself laughing hysterically. He tries to come off as a tough/caring detective and I just don't buy it for a minute.
Over the years, yes I have watched this show that long, Mr. Caruso's um...talent has spread to the other members of the cast and now I probably laugh more at this show than most of the comedies on TV. And now I can't imagine my week without a good laugh courtesy of my friends from Miami. So, my question for you is this: What shows do you watch for no other reason then to laugh at? Or what shows do you watch that you are ashamed to admit too? If you are looking for a good side busting laugh watch CSI:M, you won't be disappointed, just remember it thinks it's a drama.
-Eric

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

WE ALSO LOVE TO WATCH CSI MIAMI FOR A GOOD LAUGH AT OUR HOUSE.. I'M GLAD WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES;)
DON'T YOU LOVE HOW CARUSO STANDS SIDEWAYS WHEN HE ASKS THE WEIRDEST CRAP.. WE ALWAYS TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT RANDOM WEIRD SOMETHING HE IS GOING TO SAY AND HE GETS US EVERYTIME. DANG HIM!!! I LOVE TO WATCH THE SOUP ON E. WHEN THEY MAKE FUN OF HIM...IT IS FUNNY!!


HOW DID YOU LIKE BROTHERS AND SISTERS LAST SUNDAY???

caitlin said...

Sometimes late at night, when I am home alone and I know that no one knows, and I flipping through every single channel and nothing good is on..

I watch Tori and Dean. And I laugh and laugh. It's always nice to know that you are never as prissy or ridiculous as Tori Spelling!

MisterE said...

Ah Lindsey, I am glad you share my secret shame that is CSI:M. I cringe everytime Caruso has a plot that involves a younger women. It just creeps me out! I love when Joel Hale makes fun of him on the Soup, is it sad that I think he is a better actor then Caruso? At least he is funnier.

As for B&S, I won't say much because Caity hasn't caught up yet. But I loved the end with Nora and Holly. Nexts weeks episode looks really good as well, at least from the clip they showed. At some point I will need to find a life outside of tv!

Kim said...

I can't stand to watch any of the CSI's. I think all those shows have been over done and are heading into way over the top plots.

I am a reality TV nerd...late night on Bravo is my guilty pleasure...Rachel Zoe, Project Runway, Shear Genius, Tabitha's Salon Take Over, Millionaire Listing. The best part of all of these shows, they start at like 11:00 PM. I stay up watching until 1:00 AM usually! Oh I also love Tony Bordain in No Reservations and Andrew Zimmern in Bizarre Foods both on the Travel channel. Did I mention I was a reality TV junkie?

Oh yeah...I almost forgot Verminators on Discovery...also on late at night!

Kim said...

...and I would choose to watch Deadliest Catch over anything else on TV!