Thursday, September 10, 2009

Alison Krauss: A Hundred Miles or More

Do you ever find yourself in need of a CD that is simply relaxing? Well if you do, then I have the CD for you. A Hundred Miles or More by Alison Kruass is just that kind of CD. The subject matter of the songs on this album cover every aspect of life but while doing so you can't help but be relaxed by the unique sound of Alison's voice. Once your drawn in my the melodies you start to pay attention to the lyrics and they run the gambit from happy (Sawing on the Strings, Down to the River to Pray) to heartbreaking (Jacob's Dream, Molly Ban) to hopeful (Simple Love, Get Me Through December, Baby Mine). Of the 16 songs on the album I can say that I really enjoyed them all, well maybe not You Will Be My Ain True Love as much as all the others but that might be because it is the one song that seems out of place on the album. Which is not to say that it is not a good song but just not as good as all the others. While the album is considered Country I would say that it is more Folk/Country then full on Country and the only song that screamed Country to me was Whiskey Lullaby and what a Country song it is! This CD is definitely worth a listen to. I have found that I have listened to it all the way through several times and keep coming back for more.

Below is Get Me Through December, one of my favorites from the CD.

No comments: